Sunday, January 29, 2012

Food Prep!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday....ahh the day of food prep for the week. Today was a typical Sunday for me which means grocery shopping and prepping my meals for the week! I currently work with a coach who does my diet for me so all I have to do is follow it ;) Very simple :) Now many of you are probably thinking, "God how can you eat the same thing day after day...." Well honestly I am a person of structure, I don't get bored with the meals, I like to know what I'm eating every day. Yesterday is yesterday, why should it matter what I ate YESTERDAY? Today is a new day it doesn't matter what I did yesterday..what matters is TODAY! Anyways to answer the questions, i don't HAVE to eat the same foods everyday, I choose to....However I do like to switch it up sometimes, especially on the weekends. I use a food calculator that my coach has given me to make sure the foods match up calorie wise and macro wise. So yes I CAN eat different foods, but I need to stay within the plan that I'm given. I usually make my meals 3 and 4 for the week all on Sunday. Now my breakfast (Meal 1) I usually will either make the night before, the morning of, or sometimes I will make on Sundays. It just depends on the mood i'm in;) My post workout meal also varies. Supper which is meal 5 and before bed meal which is meal 6 I usually don't prep in advance b/c I'm home.  Once again I use alot of seasonings, salsa's, spices, ect. so things DON"T get boring! Planning for the week in one day does take some time to master, however, in the long run you will do nothing but succeed in doing so b/c everything is right there! No tempted trips to the vending machines, gas stations, ect. I carry a big enough cooler around so all my meals fit. Back to the original question, do I get bored eating the same things everyday? No, I know what I have to do to achieve the look I want to achieve and that takes one meal at a time and being compliant with what I'm suppose to do. You can't look back on yesterday, just b/c you do the same thing tomorrow doesn't mean you should get bored with it, it means you are going to take tomorrow and do what you need to do to get one step closer to your goal...and with that I say good night and here's to chicken breast and sweet potatoes! ;))))
9 weeks baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment